When you are not feeling well, your first course of action is to seek medical attention from a doctor or physician. However, this doesn’t always result in solving your medical concern. In fact, many people suffer as a result of medical malpractice, in which their condition is worsened as a result of the negligence or misconduct of a medical professional. If you are a victim of any form of medical malpractice, you are not alone and you need not look any further than our team at Berthold Law Firm, PLLC for a Charleston personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf.
The following are the top 5 most common medical malpractice lawsuits:
- Surgical errors, in which a doctor, nurse, surgeon, or physician makes a mistake during or after an operation. These damages can sometimes cause death and may include damaging a nerve, failing to control a patient’s bleeding, leaving a surgical tool in a patient, or puncturing an organ.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, in which a doctor’s negligence can cause a patient’s condition to worsen. These cases involve proving another doctor would have been able to correctly diagnose the patient given the same information.
- Anesthesia errors, such as administering too much or too little sedatives. These errors also include failing to consider a patient’s history, failing to monitor the patient’s vital signs, or using faulty equipment.
- Childbirth injuries, which lead to complications such as brain or spinal cord injuries, fetal distress, nerve damage, broken bones, or postpartum hemorrhage.
- Prescription or medication errors in which a physician prescribes the wrong medication. This is a result of failing to consider a patient’s history, making a dosage error, or ignoring any significant side-effects or complications which may arise as a result of the medication.
Contact Our Charleston Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Berthold Law Firm, PLLC, we are committed to helping our clients move past an unfortunate or challenging time with ease. Our Charleston personal injury lawyers refuse to back down from a challenge, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered you the most optimal results possible. Allow us to fight for you today.
If you are interested in speaking to a member of our firm, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (304) 605-2040.