Charleston Distracted Driving Accidents Attorney
Call (304) 605-2040 for Our Exceptional & Experienced Legal Services
Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of auto accidents in Charleston and in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2841 people were killed in 2018 due to distracted driving. As soon as you take your eyes off the road, even for a few seconds, it can increase the possibility of property damage, injury, and even death. If you were injured by a distracted driver in Charleston, it is important to obtain legal representation from a qualified attorney.
At Berthold Law Firm, PLLC, we are committed to helping individuals involved in distracted driving accidents recover monetary compensation to cover their medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and wrongful death. With over 75 years of collective experience, our distracted driving car accident lawyers possess a thorough understanding of state driving laws and court proceedings in order to guide you through every step of the legal process successfully.
What is Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is any act that takes a driver’s eyes, hands, or their mind off the road while behind the wheel. This type of accident occurs more than ever due to our dependency on our cellphones to communicate and conduct daily activities. While cellular phone usage is a primary distraction for motorists, any activity that causes a driver to take their eyes and attention away from the road increases the likelihood of a collision.
Common Driver Distractions
Some of the most common driver distractions include:
- Cellphones. Whether it is chatting on the phone or sending text messages back and forth, using a hand-held device while driving hinders your ability to react to road conditions in a proper manner. According to the NHTSA, the average time a person has their eyes off the road while texting is five seconds, which is enough time to cover the length of a football field when driving at 55 miles per hour.
- Passengers in your vehicle. Although having a person riding with you gives you permission to use the carpool lane or prevent from falling asleep behind the wheel, getting into a passionate discussion with your passenger can take your attention away from the road. Accidents caused by talking passengers occurs more commonly amongst teenagers or drivers with little experience.
- Grooming. Relating to those who drive long distances in order to commute to work or school. Multi-tasking, such as brushing your teeth, while driving often leads to a crash.
- Eating and drinking. As mentioned above, multi-tasking can significantly reduce your reaction time, leading to an accident.
- Navigation system or GPS. Checking your system on a constant basis can result in a collision.
If you have been involved in an accident caused by a distracted driver in Charleston and suffered a serious injury, contact Berthold Law Firm and schedule a free consultation with our Charleston distracted driving lawyers today
Have Berthold Law Firm, PLLC on Your Side
With millions of dollars recovered on behalf of our clients, our Charleston distracted driving accident lawyers are confident that we can get the same results for your case. We can investigate your accident, look over the police report, and gather evidence to build a vigorous and customized legal strategy to either reach a settlement or take your case to court. Let us fight for you while you make the best recovery possible.
Don't wait to get help. Contact us and schedule a free consultation today.
Backed by 75+ Years of Experience
See how our unique approach and decades of experience can help get the compensation you deserve.Our Experience
Get Your Questions Answered
Read answers to our most commonly asked questions and learn why you should hire an attorney.Common Questions
Learn More About Personal Injury
Take a look through our informational legal for the latest news in personal injury.Our Blog