Call for a Free Consultation 304.605.2040
Millions of Dollars Recovered Let Our Team Fight to Maximize Your Compensation

Determining Fault in a Multi-Vehicle Accident

While most accidents involve only two cars, there are some that consist of more vehicles. Unfortunately, determining liability can be a complicated process when it comes to multi-vehicle accidents.

If you were recently injured in a car accident involving more than two vehicles in West Virginia, it is imperative to obtain experienced and skilled legal representation from a qualified personal injury attorney. With more than 30 years of combined experience, our Charleston lawyers have a thorough understanding of the legal system in order to help you navigate through the complexities of your case and get the most favorable outcome possible.

How to Establish Fault in a Multi-Vehicle Accident in WV

In order to recover your entitled compensation, the first step is to determine who caused the accident. In West Virginia, modified comparative fault is used to establish who can and cannot recover damages. Modified comparative fault means that each party involved can receive a specific percentage of the fault.

For example, let’s say that you are involved in a car accident with two other vehicles. Driver A may be 70% responsible for causing the accident, while the other is 30% is the Driver B’s fault. This means you can recover 70% of your entitled compensation from Driver A and 30% from Driver B.

Insurers will consider the following factors to establish each party’s fault:

  • Which vehicle initiate the crash
  • Information on the police report
  • Traffic laws in the specific area
  • Any citations that were issued
  • Witness statements

Let Berthold Law Firm Help You Today

In most cases, the at-fault parties and their insurance adjusters can be difficult and frustrating to work with, especially if they prove to be uncooperative. That is why having our attorneys at Berthold Law Firm on your side through every step of the process can ensure that your rights and best interests are protected. You deserve to recover compensation the injuries and damages you have suffered.

Contact us and request a free consultation today.